This is one of the recipes which I wanted to make at home. San Lau Hor Fun. :)
I was trying to search across the Internet on the recipe. Not many actually. So I adapted this version but made some modifications.
http://whattocooktoday.com/san-lau-hor-fun.html
What you will need (Serves 4) :
- 1 lb (450 g) hor fun/ flat noodles (I used about 200g coz I was just making for two)
- 1 Tbsp garlic, finely minced (I prepared 1 bulb)
- 1 lb of white fish fillet (cut into about 2.5 to 3 inches and about ¼ inch thick) (I used Batang fish. I feel that it is up to individual preference so you can add more if you like)
- 4 cups of beansprouts (tail picked off)
- 4 stalks of spring onions (cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (I omitted this and used fish sauce instead)
- 2 Tbsp of Chinese Cooking Wine (I added this)
- Oil for cooking
Sauce:
- 2 cups of chicken stock (I used one packet of Swanson Chicken broth, 250g)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp corn starch + 2 Tbsp water
Instructions (I have modified some of the instructions to what I just did):
- Add about 2 Tbsp of oil into the wok and tilt the wok to spread the oil evenly (be careful, the handles of the wok will be hot too, so use a mitten if you need to). Add in the garlic (about 3/4 of what you have prepared), spring onion slices, beansprouts and noodles. Stir-fry for about 15 seconds, add in some of the chicken stick so that it will not be too dry. Add in the fish sauce and chinese cooking wine and let it simmer for awhile. Dish onto a serving plate.
- Heat up another 2 Tbsp of oil in the wok and add in the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 5- 10 seconds. Add in the remaining chicken stock, remaining chinese cooking wine and pepper. You may need to add in about half a bowl of water more. Bring it to a boil and add in the fish slices. Once it is cooked, drain out the fish slices and place on top of the noodles.
- With the remaining stock, add in the corn starch mixture. Your sauce will start to thicken up, make sure you stir so you won’t get any lump. Pour this sauce over the fried hor fun. Serve immediately

No comments:
Post a Comment